1. Information that we collect from you and your use of this website
1.1 Information you give us
When you visit this website you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your name and contact details.
1.2 Automatic Information
We automatically receive and save certain types of information whenever you interact with this website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience of the website.
Information that we will automatically receive includes:
- Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
- IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer)
- Domain name from which you access the internet
- Referring URL
- Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
- Date and time pages were visited
2. How we use your information
We may use and analyse the information we collect so that we can manage and improve the services on the website. Demographic and statistical information about user behaviour may be collected and used to analyse the popularity and effectiveness of the website. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregate form and will not identify individual users.
The University of Bristol also uses services from Google on this website to measure and analyse visitor information. For further information on this, please visit Google Analytics.
The University will not (nor will it allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tools to track or to collect personally identifiable information of visitors to this website. The University will not associate any data gathered with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the statistical analytics tools.
3. How we handle the data submitted by you
3.1 Data Protection Legislation
The University of Bristol is the data controller for your personal data that is collected through this website. As your data controller the University has notified its activities to the Office of the Information Commissioner as required under the GDPR and is listed in the Public Register of Data Controllers. Personal information will only be collected and/or processed by the University in accordance with the GDPR.
3.2 Disclosure of your information
- Except as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal data will not be provided to any third party without your prior consent
- The information you provide to us will be held on University of Bristol servers and computers in the UK. It may be accessed by or given to third parties some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information and may provide support services to the University or on the University’s behalf.
- Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take appropriate steps to ensure that your information is used securely by third parties in accordance with this policy.
3.3 Monitoring use of University systems
In order to protect the security and working of University network and computer systems, it may be necessary to monitor or log the use of these systems. If there are indications of abuse of systems or that individuals may be using systems in excess of their authority, files, messages and any or all uses of the systems may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected and disclosed to authorised University and law enforcement personnel.
If you have consented to receive marketing we will use your data to provide you with relevant information about Quantum Frontier, to respond to your enquiries, for quality assurance and market research and to find others who may be interested in receiving information about Quantum Frontier.
We may contact you via email, phone, SMS, post, social and other electronic means, in accordance with your preferences. By agreeing to receive marketing via social and other electronic channels, you agree to us sharing your data with our trusted third parties – under appropriate agreements – who will only use your data for this specific purpose. This may include but is not limited to our digital agencies: Loom Digital, as well as the Facebook network, Google Display Network, YouTube, Linkedin and Twitter.
Your data will not be sold to any organisation outside the University of Bristol, though it is possible that in limited specific circumstances the University of Bristol may be required by law to disclose it to external parties.
You have the right to opt out at any point. Please email email@example.com to update your preferences.
5. Links to external websites